HOME | TEAM | EQUIPMENT | BOOKING | OMERO | PUBLICATIONS | LOCATION | SERVICE | GALLERY | NEWS-ARCHIVE
The Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan is a confocal microscope system with the option for super-resolution microscopy. Equipped with the so-called Airyscan detector and the "Fast Airyscan" extension, it uniquely combines high acquisition speed, high sensitivity and high resolution. In "super-resolution mode" it allows imaging with a resolution of up to 140 nm laterally and 400 nm axially as well as a 4-8 times improved signal-to-noise ratio (compared to GaAsP detectors). In "fast mode" it achieves an image acquisition rate of up to 27 frames per second at a resolution of 480 x 480 pixels.
The microscope is suitable for all confocal microscopy applications such as analysis of immunofluorescence staining in cell cultures and tissue sections. The high speed and sensitivity of the system also make it particularly well suited for live cell imaging, including FRAP, FRET and FCS measurements.
- 1 Airyscan detector array (32 x GaAsP) for highest sensitivity and high-contrast images with a resolution of up to 140 nm laterally, or high speed in "fast mode"
- 1 GaAsP detector for high sensitivity
- 2 PMT detectors
- 1 T-PMT for transmitted light
Laser lines (cw):
- 405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 633 nm
- 420-480 + 495-550 nm
- 420-480 + 495-620 nm
- 465-505 + 525-555 nm
- 495-535 + >555 nm
- 495-550 + 570-620 nm
- 570-620 + >645 nm
- Objective Plan-Apochromat 10x/0,45 M27
- Objective C Plan-Apochromat 40x/1,2 Water DIC M27
- Objective Plan-Apochromat 63x/1,4 Oil DIC M27